Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Leica M9 does Moto X...

At a regional Moto X race event I took the M9 and made a few images. Thing is about Moto X, the bikes comes by very quickly and although I had permission to get onto the track, I still had to make use of zone-focusing to get the action.


For one thing the dust was quite heck-tick and got into everything. The M9 held-up very nice though.


And what will it be if I didn't try the M9 on maximum aperture at F1.4 for what it is famous for?!



As you can see it was a very cloudy day, but F1.4 still maxed the shutter speed out at 4000?s


Many people asked me before, why do I use this type of camera for all these things that it was not really meant for? Well, I don't want to put a restriction on any camera and say it is only meant for this or that type of photography. I got the camera first of all for the amazing images it is capable of, secondly because of the small size and thirdly it gives me much, much more satisfaction to have to work that much harder to get the similar, or better results, in manual, than any of my big kits!

All images made with the M9 + 50 mm Summilux combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment