Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Cycling through the Cradle of Humankind...

Today I had to dig through my archives to retrieve an image I took a while ago for a client. Needless to say I saw a lot of images that have been forgotten about.



I found a few I made at a cycle race not to long ago. It was a 24 hour race at the Cradle of Humankind, - the actual place where the remains was found of the oldest, and thus the first humans on earth.


The race was between teams that raced through the night. What made this race so special was that part of the course went through the underground section where the exhibits are. During daytimes visitors was coming and going through the various sections of the exhibits with the cyclists speeding through!


I took all the normal images of cause, outside, at the start, at night, over hills, through water etc, etc. However inside the exhibits section various slogans, posters and exhibits was against the wall, and here i made some of the best images of the race. I also played with the shutter-speed a lot and wanted to share some of the images with you.


Always look for different angles and places to put your subject in and the result might just be the one the client, family, friends like the most. Be different.




In the end it was these images the client used and not the regular, "normal"cycling images.

No comments:

Post a Comment