Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Leica M9 does a street Jazz band...

At the V & A Waterfront in Cape Town we came onto a scene as if from a movie. A Jazz band was sitting under a tree playing the best jazz I have heard in a long time. People were walking by, some stop to listen, dropping a coin into the hat, and some bought a cd from the group. To the one side was a lady dancing on her own to the sound of the music.


With boats in the background, the lady dancing, and the beautiful music in the air I made a few images.


                                                Now these guys know how to jazz...

With the hard light from the back and the deep shadow under the tree, combined by me wanting to shoot at F1.4, the background was blown out!


         This guy's eyes was closed during every song, he was in his own world while playing, - magical!


Sometimes I look at this image and wished I made it at F5.6, all in focus. Other time I love the look I got from the middleman, F1.4 isolating that look.


We spoke to this lady and she had no connection to the band except for the absolute enjoyment of the magic it brought her.
All images made with the M9, 35mm, Summilux  asph, F1.4, ISO 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment